Thursday, September 11, 2008

The BEST Bookshelf EVER

Just thought I would share how proud I am of the bookshelf the Drew and his Dad built!

I saw this bookshelf in the Pottery Barn Kids magazine and showed it to Drew. He said no way in H E double hockey sticks was he paying $300 for a bookshelf. So I asked him "Do you think it would be possible for you and your dad to build it?"

Of course it would - who am I kidding Mr. John could build a mansion out of toothpicks if he had too.

So they got together made a pattern, went and got the materials, and got to work. Drew decided when they were at Home Depot that just regular pine was not good enough, so he bought oak instead. I am sure this blew Mr. John's mind because I wanted it painted white anyway.

Anyway - they worked all day one Saturday and the end result is magnificent!!!!! It is beautiful and so special because they built it together just for Payton. It cost a little less than $100 to build. And it is filled full with books from all her family and friends! She even has a book that my Grandma found that was my mom's when she was little. It even has my mom's little girl handwriting in the front with her name and phone number.

I can't wait to read her all her storybooks. But in the meantime while I am waiting, I have a fabulous bookshelf to look at every time I walk in the nursery!

Thank you so much for building it - I love it and I know Payton will too!!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grandpa J, Paw Paw, Pop, Old Man what ever our little Payton wants to call him had a GREAT time building the bookcase with Drew.
We can't wait for her to get here!!

Krystal - we would like to thank you for putting this blog together. What a wonderful way to share your excitment with your family and friends. Keep the thoughts and pictures coming.......
Love,
Kathy, Grandma K, Granny, MawMaw or whatever our little Payton would like to call me!