Saturday, September 13, 2008

25 Years Is Really Something to be Proud Of


Last weekend we celebrated with my parents as they renewed their vows for their 25 wedding anniversary.


25 Years together with the same person is surely something that takes a lot of love, a lot of patience, and a lot of work.


It was so touching to watch them renew their vows in church - sometimes we forget as children that our parents are "in love" with each other. It was nice to have our families and friends there to celebrate this.


There's a quote about marriage that says "Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle."


This couldn't be more true - marriage is hard work - but the rewards are so worth it. I hope that in 20 years from now Drew and I are still as in love as my mom and dad are. We are so fortunate that both sides of our parents are such great role models for how to show each other respect and love and how to compromise to make a marriage work.


I just wanted to share this with everyone because 25 years really is a big deal and I am so glad we were there to celebrate it with my parents.


No comments: