Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's been a week Already?? Seriously???

Well, it's been a week since little Miss Payton came into the world. It really seems like we were at the hospital just yesterday - but in a way it seems like she's always been here. Maybe in some alternate world you meet your children before God gives them to you. Otherwise how do you explain how much you can love someone you've only known for a week, or how you can decipher what she wants when she can only make noises and facial expressions.


We have had a good 1st week - she is such a sweet baby. She's sleeping 3-4 hours at a time and she's a healthy eater - and when she's awake she's so alert and so cute. I am praying that this sweet angel stays this way.


Drew and I are of course tired - but we are both so blissfully happy it's hard to imagine that we were ever this happy in our whole lives. Drew has got to be the best dad and husband in the world. He is so sweet with her - he has affectionately named her "Doodle Bug" because she keeps herself all balled up like a Rolly Polly. He is even so sweet that at 4 in the morning when I've already been up 3 times - he will get her and kiss me and say I've got this one. See I told you - he really is the best. I don't know what I am going to do when he goes back to work.


My favorite thing to do right now is just to hold her and stare at her. I try to imagine if she liked it better inside me - or better here in my arms. Sometimes I catch Drew looking at her the same way. I know that from this moment forward - Drew will be the only person who understands exactly what I am feeling right now. It's hard to grasp the idea that we are now parents - something we have waited so long for an wanted so badly. And when we look at her precious face, we both know that she was worth waiting for. God really does have a plan, we just have to be patient enough for it to take it's course.


So now that all the mushy talk is over - here's a picture of our "Doodle Bug" at 1 week old.


No comments: