Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Angel is Finally Here!!!!



Miss Payton Marie Erickson arrived October 23, 2008 at 5:25 am. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 15 oz. and she's 18.5 inches long.


We went to the hospital on Tuesday night to be induced. They started a medicine called Cervidil to help soften the cervix and help to dilate. It was a 12 hour process and there was still no progress. Then they started a medicine called Cytotec - which they give to you in three different doeses. By the second dose my contractions were really getting strong. They ended up giving me pain medicine through my IV. I was still not dilated any further then a 2. They started the third dose and it made my contractions really constant and really painful. But still not any further then 3 cm. They gave me my epidural and then started Petocin to see if I could dilate any further. About 3 hours after the start of Petocin - my blood pressure started dropping - at one point it was as low as 75/32. The baby was starting to have an erratic heartbeat and starting to get stressed out. They stopped the Petocin to see if my blood pressure would stabilize and then stabilize the baby. It wasn't making much of a change so they gave me a shot of ephedrine to help raise my blood pressure. At this point they had switched from the external monitors to internal monitors but couldn't get a good reading. The baby was still up and down with her heartbeat. So they decided to do an emergency C-Section. Everything went well in surgery and when she finally came out she was perfect.

So.... 33 hours of labor - but a perfect little angel was born.





Drew and I are so proud. She really is such a beautiful baby.

She was so worth the wait - 13 months of trying to get pregnant, the week over her due date, and 33 hours - but so so worth it.

We are at home resting and enjoying this sweet baby that God has trusted us with.


Thank you to everyone who has helped us these past couple of days. We are so blessed to have our family and friends to be there for us.


We are so excited to start this new chapter of our lives.











No comments: