Thursday, December 3, 2009

What a Bunch of Turkeys

We had a low key Thanksgiving this year. It was just our family. It was nice to gather and be in each other's company with no where to run off too. We missed seeing everyone that we didn't get to see - but I think this year it really hit me as to what this holiday should mean. It should be a reflection on the things you are thankful for. Things you should remember everyday to be thankful for not just on Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for my family! In the good times and the bad times, my sisters are my best friends. I am a very lucky person to have such a wonderful family.

I am thankful for my husband, who works so incredibly hard to provide for us, who never ceases to amaze me everyday. It's hard to believe this was our 10th Thanksgiving together. I can truly say that I love him more and more as time goes on. He is a wonderful father and a great friend. I am a lucky lucky girl.

I am thankful for my little girl. That she is healthy and spunky and full of life. She has taught me so much more than I have taught her. Children are truly the miracle of life. It's hard for me to imagine what life was like without her. She has brought so much joy into our lives. She can make an entire room smile.

I am thankful for my friends who come in different forms. I am grateful to have new friends and old friends. Friends who keep me grounded, remind me of who I am and where I come from. For phone calls at all hours just to talk. I am thankful for friends who never hesitate to help you out. I am thankful that I am surrounded by so much love.

I am thankful for the phone and the Internet - strange I know - but my grandma is always only a call away even if she is 800 miles.

I am thankful for all of the men and women who serve or have served to make this country what it is today. When patriotism is not always the popular stance, I am thankful to those who remember what this great country that we live in stands for. I am thankful to the families of our military who sacrifice so much of a normal life so that their loved ones may serve. I am thankful that there are still brave young men and women who sign up to serve. It was one of the best experiences of my life and one of the hardest to be a military wife. But I know how important it is! I can only hope that Drew knows how extremely proud I am for all that he has done for our family and our country! I am also, so very thankful that he is home now.

I am thankful for the angles that god send in unexpected forms.

I am thankful for all the memories of my life that have shaped me into what I am today and I am thankful that I wake up each day to make more.
Here are pictures of our Thanksgiving.......and all the "Turkeys" that enjoyed that day with us.










No comments: