Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Years Ago Today!

Drew came home from Active Duty for good.
Five years ago this coming Saturday - he came home from his first Tour of Duty overseas.
I can't believe how time has flown! It's seems like yesterday.
Here's the only picture I could find of anything resembling this post. I just wanted to share with you how proud I am of my husband. He is a good man, a loving husband, a proud daddy, and a Veteran!
In light of the recent homecomings that have been going on in our communities, I wanted to share this - if you know someone who is serving in the military, did serve, or has family serving, let them know you appreciate all they did and are doing. It could have been any one of our friends or family serving in the military that those people were standing for. I am ever grateful to God that it was not my husband. But all the same I feel for those families that didn't get the chance to run down the jet way and hug their loved one who had been gone for months.
Thanks Drew - you are a HERO!
I know you hate when people say that to you, but your humbleness is part of the reason that you and everyone else who serves in the military really truly are HEROES!

No comments: