Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Converting the Crib

It's been a few weeks now but I am just finding time to blog about all of the exciting things that have been going on lately!
For starters, we took the front part of Payton's crib off and put the toddler bed rail on. Who ever invented the convertible crib was a genius!
Payton's done pretty good in her "bed". The first couple of times she liked to climb in and out and jump up and down on it. But she's getting the hang of it. Nap time is a lot harder then bed time. She has no problem with going to bed - but she fights taking naps.

Most of the time I find her all snuggled up with "Bitty Baby".
But a few times I have found her napping like this - with a book in the rocking chair! Hey at least she took a nap right!


Now is the time when I really wish we had went with the Video Monitors. Because to see if she is in bed I have to lay flat on the floor and peek through the crack at the bottom of the door. Most of the time she's in bed - but I have found her playing when she was suppose to be napping and the other day she caught me peeking under the door so now she checks under the door and sticks her little fingers under the door when she doesn't want to nap.
All in all it's going well - but if you have any tips on how to make this a smoother transition all suggestions are welcome!


No comments: