Wednesday, December 10, 2008

4 Generations

My Grandma and Grandpa Lewis (and Aunt Marcia and Uncle Ed) came down from Michigan for the Thanksgiving holiday and to see Payton. While my grandma was here we had a 4 Generations picture taken. It was so nice to have my grandma here - I think it's really times like this - having a newborn baby and the holidays that you wish all of your family was closer.
And I know Payton loved being held by her great-grandma. My grandma is a very special person to me. She used to watch me when I was little and even when I wasn't so little. My grandparents have lived over 1000 miles away from me for most of my life - but I never felt like they were really that far. We used to fly up for holidays and summer time vacations and we would spend weekends there when Drew lived in Chicago- but now that I've gotten older I don't get to go up there nearly as much. And I miss that. But I know that she's always just a phone call away - weather I need a recipe or advice on something - or just need to chat with her. I am so glad that they were able to come down - I hope that my little girl will get a chance to enjoy my grandma like I have - and I hope that she has as close of a relationship with my mom as I do with my grandma.

* and yes the princess never woke up - no matter what we tried.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

krystal this is grandma lewis we got the pictures and your write up.>they are neat.

love you grandpa

Anonymous said...

love you