Monday, March 8, 2010

The Motherload

I am a little behind on my blogging - but we've been pretty busy these past couple of weeks. Anyhow...
Two weeks ago Mom and I hit up two consignment sales that they were having in Fayetteville. When I say I hit the Motherload - I really mean we racked up some great deals.
We were a little unsure if there were going to be a whole lot of "good stuff" let since we went on Saturday and the sale started on Friday. But not only did we find a whole bunch of "good stuff" most of it was included in the 1/2 price sale.
So..... for $150.00 look at what we got!
Seriously - an entire summer wardrobe. I didn't even bother counting what all we had clothes wise - it's a lot. We got a few smocked summer dresses that retail way over $30 in boutiques for like $5 and $10 - one even still had tags on it! And more sun dresses, shorts and shirts then you can imagine. I paid $ .25 and $ .50 for some of the t-shirts that are great for play clothes. And we really were quite impressed - everything was in great shape. We even picked up an Old Navy swim suit that doesn't look like it's ever been worn for $1.00. Oh - and a set of monitors for the lake for $2.50 - yes you read that correct!

And how about 8 pairs of shoes and a pair of dress up slippers with Snow White. For all you savvy mom's out there - yes the pink pair in the back and the green pair in the front are "Puddle Jumpers" I paid $2.00 a pair for them! Ha - beat that $40 pairs of shoes! And two pairs of Stride Rite tennis shoes - one for $3.00 one for $2.50. None of them even had dirt on the bottoms!


And how about a Leap Frog Jr. Reading System with 6 book for $15.00


And the find of the day...... The Cozy Coupe - $10.00.

Mom picked up a baby doll bed and matching stroller for $3.00 and some puzzles for like $ .50. Oh, and a kindergarten mat for $2.50 - I know P's a while away from needing one but she likes to lay on the floor at Grammy's house and it works perfect.
Oh, and I almost forgot - Kathy went to the sale on Friday and got a convertible crib that is beautiful for $100.00 - and it included the mattress!
I may never shop retail again!


1 comment:

Kora said...

Good Golly Miss Molly! P sure is going to be stylin' and profilin'! Gotta love a great deal :)